You should check out my wounds tag.
Here are some things on pulling muscles
- Treatment of a Pulled Muscle
- How to Tell If You Pulled a Muscle
- Signs & Symptoms of a Pulled Muscle in the Arm
- Pulled Back Muscle & Lower Back Strain
- Writing Reference: Sprains & Strains
As for accidental cuts, scratches, and things like that, the pain is usually minor but initial shock tends to exaggerate what you feel. Typically, you don’t have much to worry about these types of injuries other than perhaps infection, which can be avoided with putting rubbing alcohol or peroxide (peroxide usually does not sting/burn) onto the wound. Bleeding is usually minimal.
Here are some things on writing about pain